CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Buddy Boating!


Got friends? Thursday the girls each invited a friend to come up boating with us at Lucky Peak. It was a day of tubing mania, surfing fun and a little bit of disaster! (More on that later!) Brinley invited her little friend Ellie. They swam and snacked, and both endured a tubing ride that almost bucked them clean off! But they were tough chicks and didn't even miss a beat.


Kylie invited her friend Brooklyn. They LOVED the tubing and swimming, but they also loved the SURFING! The water was a sweet 76 degrees and with the 100+ degree weather, they were both anxious to jump in the water and go! Kylie didn't even wear her wetsuit (it's a miracle)!


Natasha invited her good buddy Emi. Emi is an experienced boater girl and was all in for tubing adventure. She was out there just waiting for the doubled up wave to send her soaring. The girls did a lot of swimming, diving, and cannon balling as well. No suring from the "big girls" this trip. I guess the little ones showed them up a bit there. Maybe next time.


Kylie was livin' it up as a surfer girl. She had a smile plastered on her face from the time she got in until the time she got out. She and Shane surfed most of the time without the rope (which is no easy task with 2 people on the board). She'll be surfing on her own in no time.

Jammin' to her favorite songs, Kylie was in heaven. Oh yeah baby!
This was Brooklyn's first time surfing and SHE WAS A NATURAL! They got right up and Brooklyn's smile was ear to ear. She loved it, and told Shane that this was her favorite boating trip ever. Great job Brooklyn! Looks like you're ready for the big waves in Hawaii!
Brinley was actually the first surfer in the water. She had been waiting and waiting since our last boating trip with the kids. She is fearless and told Shane that she thinks she is ready to surf on her own now. Well...maybe not quite yet, but someday huh? Last time they surfed without the rope Brinley was a little unsure, but this time she was ready for the fun!
Great job my little surfer girl!

After driving for several hours in the HOT sun, I needed a little bit of surfing before we headed off the lake. All I can say is, "Ohhh Yeah!" The water was so nice and the wave was pretty good. I even had little Ellie and Brinley in the back of the boat cheering me on. What more could you ask for?
This was my buddy on the boat. In our matching swimsuits (we need to coordinate a little better) Todd thought we looked like the Doublemint sisters. Mel and Todd were awesome with all the kids! I think all the kids adopted a new "aunt and uncle" after this boating trip.
Todd and Shane blowing up the tube.
Okay...so remember I mentioned a little bit of disaster? Well...this is it. Just looking at these pictures makes me a little bit sick. To make a long story short, Shane's been teaching me to trailer the boat. He was guiding me on and in the process the boat got a little sideways. He told me to give it a little gas and when I did, the prop hit the trailer. OUCH. Ouch, ouch, ouch. You can see that it just shredded the blades.
Shane was so nice about it (as he usually is about things like that). I guess I'm lucky because I was a lot harder on myself about it than he ever would be. So anyways, I guess the price of boating just went up. :(
Till next time...



2 comments:

Montgomery Family said...

Your day looks so fun. I'm jealous. I feel so badly about your boat! That sucks. Missing you guys- Alisa

Tueller Family said...

Aimee, I am ready for a new post!!!!