CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Beginnings...

Okay...so I didn't think I'd be ready for school to start and fall to be coming swiftly on it's heels. But I must say that I can feel that change is in the air and I'm actually ready for the new school year and the "new beginnings" for our family.

So, I couldn't resist posting our Back to School photos like all you other proud mothers out there. Proud because your kids are growing and changing and becoming these amazingly smart and independent people...but also proud (well more elated) because you've inherited your house, your sanity and your freedom back! :)


This year is a "new beginning" for our youngest, little Brinley! She is starting pre-school and is more than ready to jump in and start running. Just look at the total excitement in her eyes. It was oozing out of every pour on her body on Monday. She is starting to feel like one of the "big girls" and even is excited to sit down and do her rigorous pre-school homework with her sisters. And...notice the lunchbox??? She even gets to stay and have lunch at school. Yes, life is most assuredly exciting for this little 4 year old.


Kylie started 2nd grade (how could you tell) at the BRAND NEW Siena Elementary school just down the street! She is so happy to walk to school and to be rid of the "awful bus." She is contemplating adopting her new teacher, Mrs. Bates, as a second mother as she just can't seem to say enough good things about her. I'm so happy that she's going to have a super year this year!


Kylie will also be starting her dance team schedule again next week (this will really throw us back into the "real life" schedule). She auditioned and made the next team up - the Bravo team. Needless to say, she is raring to go. I don't think much will hold her back on the dance floor this year!




And then there's my 5 TH GRADER! HELLO! I'm not ready to have a 5th grader. 1 more year of elementary school? Are you serious? Well, we're going to hang on to every minute of it before we are plunged into middle school life and all that comes with it. Natasha is also so excited about her new teacher! You should see their pirate classroom! She is also so excited about the idea of being one of the first to ever attend the new school! I know she will make the best of this last year of elementary!


She too is starting something new. She has started piano lessons and is loving every minute of it! She eats it up! I love to see the excitement in her eyes when she plays music for our family nights!


So, as far as I can tell, the kids made it through the summer without any lasting damage...at least I hope so. But looking at this picture makes me question...


Time to jump back into the whirlwind for another year. Life is moving fast...too fast to soak it all in. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!





0 comments: